Masculine Junk Journal

 This is a journal that I made for my husband. It includes some of his hobbies and sports that he has practiced over the years, as well as things that are generally of interest to men. The main kit that I have used is my own Masculine Journal/Scrapbook Pages.

You can watch a "flip through" video below:


Here is a list of products and images that I used, page by page:


Cover
  • Background Paper by The Graphics Fairy (premium membership) "French Paperie Collection" printables.
  • "Journal" label from Arty Maze freebies.
  • Book plate that sits behind the "Journal" label and the "Facture" number label are from Bohemian Crafting at Etsy.
  • Journal cards are from a discontinued bundle from Antique Paperie, at Etsy.
  • Scrap of paper is from an old Italian-English dictionary that I keep on my desk, for when I need a quick bit of paper for a collage.
  • Postage stamp is an actual stamp that was on a package that I received in the mail.
  • Ticket is from my stash (sorry, I don't know where I got it).
  • Circle is a freebie image from The Graphics Fairy (part of a faceted glass perfume bottle that I punched out with a 1" circle punch and distressed with ink).
  • The "vintage" word label is from my stash. Sorry, I have looked and looked, but I cannot remember which kit it is from. Calico Collage and My Porch Prints are typically my "go to" resources for journaling words, but I can't seem to find the kit that this one came from.

Inside Front Cover
  • Green and cream end paper is from The Graphics Fairy (premium membership) "Delicate End Papers".
  • Washi tape with vintage advertising is from my stash. I believe I purchased it on Ebay.
  • Tag pocket is from a kit by My Porch Prints at Etsy, but I collaged the clock image and a few other bits on top of it. Clock image is from a background paper from a discontinued set by Antique Paperie.
  • Butterfly specimen slide is from a freebie by Arty Maze. I cut away the backing paper and sandwiched the butterfly between two pieces of crystal clear plastic from packaging (you could plastic that is used for laminating, etc.)
  • Background paper on the right side is from the British Manor Style kit from The Graphics Fairy (premium membership).

"Coffee" Pages

"Timepieces" Pages


"Flying Machine" Page & "Nautical" Page


"The Naturalist" Pages


"Tall Vintage Bike & Phonograph" Pages


Vintage Tools & Ex Libris pages


"Star Chart" and "Naturalist" Pages


"Ancient Warrior" and "Music Score" Pages


"Writing" and "Reading" Pages
  • Green background with pen nibs is from my Masculine Journal/Scrapbook Pages set. Beige map background is an 1891 map of Massachusetts that is in the public domain. Unfortunately I can't remember where I got it. I'll post a link when/if I do.
  • Library card is from a set by My Porch Prints.
  • Journal card is from a discontinued bundle by Antique Paperie, and I topped it with a tab that I made from a scrap of cardstock.
  • Round label was punched from a different shaped label from the Random Number Labels set by My Porch Prints. Rectangular label is from "Grunge Number Labels" by the same designer.


"Electricity" & "Architecture" Pages


"Exploration & Naturalist" Pages


"Vintage Men's Fashions" Pages


"Bird's Eye View" & "Shaving" Pages


"Home Sweet Home" & "Vintage Lamp" Pages


"Map" & "Writing" Pages
  • Beige map background is an 1891 map of Massachusetts that is in the public domain. Unfortunately I can't remember where I got it. I'll post a link when/if I do. Green background with ink and pen are from my Masculine Journal/Scrapbook Pages set.
  • The tag with the pen nibs is from String and Scissors at Etsy.
  • The book plate and number label are from Bohemian Crafting at Etsy.
  • The other miscellaneous bits that I used for collage came from my stash of leftover paper scraps (from other projects).


"Modes of Transport" Pages

"Judo/Jiu Jitsu" Pages
  • Brown leafy background is from "Delicate End Papers" by The Graphics Fairy (premium membership). Blue background is from my Masculine Journal/Scrapbook Pages set.
  • I made the journal cards from various judo & jiu jitsu posters, photos or flyers. Notes on how to easily resize large images are in this post. I found the postage stamps on the Internet. When you can't find images for the sports or hobbies that interest you, try looking for images of postage stamps. Olympic sports in particular are very likely to have postage stamps from around the world, with interesting images.

"Discus Throw" & "Vintage Tools" Pages
  • Backgrounds are from the "Aeronautical Adventure" bundle at The Graphics Fairy (premium membership).
  • Large discus throw image is from a vintage Olympics poster. Notes on how to easily resize large images are in this post. I found the postage stamps on the Internet. When you can't find images for the sports or hobbies that interest you, try looking for images of postage stamps. Olympic sports in particular are very likely to have postage stamps from around the world, with interesting images.


"Cycling" Pages


"Tennis" Pages

"Nautical" Pages

"Scientists & Inventors" Pages
  • Beige background is from the "French Paperie Collection" by The Graphics Fairy (premium membership). Green background is from my Masculine Journal/Scrapbook Pages set.
  • "Childhood of Galileo" postcard (in Italian) is a freebie from a vintage ad campaign for canned meat.
  • "Gas Lighting Apparatus" patent application image is from Antique Pixls. I show you how to quickly make large images smaller in this post.
  • Postage stamp images are from the Internet. When you can't find images for the people or topics that interest you, try looking for images of postage stamps. Inventors and other famous people typically have many stamps issued by various countries, to commemorate the anniversaries of their discoveries, inventions, etc.

"Wine List" & "Smoking" Pages


Inside Back Cover

I hope you enjoyed this journal, and that it will be an inspiration for you to make your own. Please comment below, and follow me on YouTube and Facebook. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts